Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Saturday 14 June 2014

FATHERS DAY PRESENT


This Fathers Day, I thought I would make a special effort and take some cuttings from our garden to send to my Dad. He is a retired gardener and loves planting. When he used to work for the Council, he had to dress in a very trendy green outfit. Yes matching green trousers and top. I was on the phone to my Mum one day and she said "Here he comes, HO, HO, HO, GREEN GIANT!" I can still picture him in his green outfit and my Mum and I laughing on the phone.


I have never sent cuttings before so I hope they arrive in one piece and are of some use to my dear old Dad. So what cuttings did I send him?

Blue Butterfly Plant


White Butterfly Plant


Can't remember the name of this plant. Some wall climber. The clouds were unreal today!


Red rose and Pink Lavatera


Passion flower


Yellow, green hedge


Purple flowers. Who knows what they are called? But I love them!


Pink rose


I think Dad will love the Lavatera, as much as I do!


Red Maple


Melody and I are so going to miss our garden when we sell the house


Melody really enjoyed helping me today. She wrapped the cuttings in wet kitchen paper and I wrapped cling film around the end. We make a great team! 


We boxed the cuttings up.


Melody drew a picture on the box for Grandad. And we posted it off. It cost just under £4.00 to post.


So what did you get your Dad for Fathers Day? My Dad is pretty special. It is their 40th Ruby Wedding Anniversary on Sunday too. Cannot believe they have been married for 40 years. We are very lucky to have such a wonderful, stable family life. I really do have a great Mum and Dad. Lucky Me!

Maybe that is why I care so much about children in state care, because I was the lucky one. I do hope I can help children one day!

Melody is looking forward to seeing Daddy tonight. His work mates call him the Todd Father. I find that quite amusing.


http://www.melodynevertoooldforlegoradio.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/children-family-contest-2014.html

SHARE YOUR STORIES THE BUTTERFLY LULLABY WAY ...
http://www.youtube.com/user/ButterflyLullabyLtd

SCRAPBOOK WITH ME, SHARON J. BAINBRIDGE: http://www.facebook.com/people/Sharon-J-Bainbridge/595087537 www.butterflylullaby.co.uk, fairy songs, fairy portraits, art and crafts for children, music, fairy music, true stories, poems, children's stories, free fairy network for businesses and stay at home Mum's (Mom's) scrapbook layouts every photo tells a story

No comments:

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews